As of 2pm on 27/02/2020 there were 7,692 patients tested and only 17 positive cases of Coronavirus confirmed in the UK.
If you have travelled from the following countries you are advised to stay indoors, avoid contact with other people and contact NHS 111 for advice.
Even if you do not have any symptoms
- Hubei Province (China) in the last 14 days or Iran Northern Italy (lockdown areas)
- Lombardy: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo and San Fiorana
- South Korea (Special Care Zones)
- Daegu or Cheongdo
Since 19th February 2020, If you have travelled from the following countries in last 14 days and have symptoms of cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if mild) you are advised to stay indoors, avoid other people and call NHS 111 for further advice.
- Mainland China/South Korea – not mentioned above
- Hong Kong
Travelled from the following since 19th February 2020 and have symptoms of cough, temperature or shortness of breath you are advised to stay indoors, avoid other people and call NHS 111 for further advice.
- Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini)
How to avoid spreading or catching:
There are things you can do to reduce the spread
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when you sneeze
- Discard tissues immediately
- Wash you hands with soap and water often – use a hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If you think you have been infected with Coronavirus
- self Isolate,
- do not go to your GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital,
- call NHS 111 for advice.
What is self Isolation?
If you are asked to self isolate you should
- stay at home
- stay away from work, schools or public places,
- do not use public transport or taxis,
- ask friends or families to run errands for you,
- avoid visitors coming to your house – it is ok for delivery of food or essential items,
- and you may be asked to do this for 14 days to reduce the spread of infection to other people.
What is the treatment for Coronavirus?
There is currently no treatment for this illness
Antibiotics do not help as they do not work against any virus
Any treatment that you are advised to take will be to treat the symptoms not fight the illness
Self Isolation for 14 days
More information is available at: